THE TRAINING FIRM – represents a interactive learning method for the development of the entrepreneurial spirit, a modern conception of knowledge integration and its interdisciplinary application, a modern training approach, which assures the necessary conditions to practically exercise the competences students acquired during their vocational training.
The introduction of the training firm concept in the Romanian technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system was done through a project initiated within the Stability Pact for South Eastern Europe and developed in cooperation with the Austrian Ministry of Education and Culture – the ECO NET Project.
In Romania, the Ministry of Education, Research and Youth took the strategic decision to disseminate at national level the training firm concept. During 2001-2004, the project was implemented in 10 schools included in the ECO NET project, by applying the method during practical training (on the basis of Order 4508/2001). The results achieved allowed the extension of the training firm concept at the level of all economic schools by including the contents in the national curriculum in the 2006 -2007 school year (on the basis of Order 3172/2006).
GENERAL OBJECTIVES :DEVELOPMENT OF THE ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT through:
• students’ acquaintance with activities specific to a real firm
• simulating economic operations and processes specific to the real business environment
• improvement of the business lingo
• development of competences necessary to a dynamic entrepreneur: critical thinking, decision-making, accountability, team working, initiative, self-organization and evaluation of their own individual resources
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES :
• Facilitation of the graduates’ transition from school to active life
• Development of the national TVET students’ entrepreneurial spirit
• Development of the adults’ entrepreneurial spirit in continuing training programmes
Training firms (Economic High School Arad), school year 2013-2014.